Shonila.com – Explore xeriscape design, and you’ll discover that this garden style is not only environmentally friendly, it’s also overflowing with head-turning good looks. Many homeowners confuse xeriscape with zero-scape, thinking that choosing a xeriscaped yard means accenting mostly hardscape with a few plants. That’s not the case. Yards that embrace xeriscape ideas actually feature all manner of plants and garden styles, including cottage gardens. The term simply refers to a landscape that minimizes water use.
Consume the most water
To renovate a water-guzzling yard for a xeriscape design, start by examining areas of your landscape that consume the most water. A lawn usually ranks as No. 1 in water consumption in the average yard. In a xeriscape design, lawn areas are reduced and often replanted with grasses that survive on rainfall, even in arid regions.
Buffalo grass and blue grama grass are native grasses that need minimal input to look good. New turf-type cultivars of buffalo grass create a toe-tickling lawn that approximates traditional fescue. Do your homework to be sure you select the cultivar that will perform best in your region. Reveille is another low water-use grass that’s been developed by a private company in association with Texas A&M University.
- Colorado Waterwise Home
- Dallas Landscape Design Dallas Xeriscape Design Dallas
- Xeriscape Definition Of Xeriscape By Merriamwebster
- Railroad Tie Xeriscape Garden Stair Ideas
- Xeriscaping Ideas Landscaping Network
- The 20 Best Xeriscape Plants For Colorado Lotlines
- Free Downloadable Xeriscape Designs Plant Select
- Xeriscaping Living Green Institute Of Food And
- Backyard Xeriscape Design Plan Landscaping Ideas And Answers
- Xeriscape Flowers Drought Tolerant Flowers For The Garden
Tags: #Xeriscape Ideas